Re: Fenders, some more

> John T. Croteau wrote:
> While I am thinking about this, would early Squareback fenders
> fit on my
> '71 Square?  I kind of like the smaller lights.  This car will
> never be
> stock anyhoo.
>
> ---
> \/   John T. Croteau {jt@geekopolis.com} {Minneapolis, MN}
> \/\/  Maggie, an Orange 1971 VW Squareback

The *old* rear fenders will fit the *new* body with no problem.
If you want to swap the bumpers to the old design as well, you need
to change the brackets wich hold the bumpers.
When changing the front bumper to the old design, I recommend
doing some adjustments to the fixing position before final welding.
I have seen cars wich had their *old* bumper sticking out something
like one foot out of their *new* front mask.
Heiko
¥68 Notch, ¥70 Fastback, ¥71 Fastback