Re: For Trade: Trip Speedo Out of '72

On  4 Sep 97, Charles E. Whitney wrote:

> The '72 fastback I am parting out has a 110 mph trip speedo in it.
> I would like to trade it for a trip speedo for my '67 Square.

I think the first year for the trip odo was 71, and that would have
the correct grey face for your 67, but the wrong length retaining
springs.  The best thing to do would be to get a 71 speedo and put it
in your 67 housing.  then everything would work nicely.

Jim
                             Laura Kepner-Adney
                         jadney@vwtype3.org
                             Madison, Wisconsin