Re: In love with my car, but not liking it much......

On  3 Sep 97, Shannon Darosett wrote:

> I don't like where I think the leak is coming from.  It's coming
> from up above the plate covering the heads.....Is there any hope
> that this could be a minor problem?  I shudder to think that I've
> blown a head gasket.  Sure, this wouldn't be a big deal to someone
> with tools and a weekend.  If that were the case I'd be happy to get
> to know my car a little more intimately.....

Never any fun, but this is not too bad.  You just have a cracked
hose.  Right or left side?  Did you mean above the heads, or in front
of the heads?  Buy some good 5/16" hose to prplace the whole piece.

The bad news is that replacing that one may disturb the next one and
so on.  In even the short run you can be much better off just
replacing all the fuel hoses in the rear of the car.  12 feet will
more than do this.

Jim
                             Laura Kepner-Adney
                         jadney@vwtype3.org