Martin Peitz <peitz@HiWAAY.net>: CO way to high

From: Martin Peitz <peitz@HiWAAY.net>
To: type-3@umich.edu
Subject: CO way to high
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 1997 21:38:46 -0500

Question for the experts:

My 69 FI Sqrbk has an astonishing 9% CO at idle I just noticed.
Amazingly it runs fine, gets 25 mpg at 75mph.
I checked everything except the pressure sensor, which I know is
slightly out of tolerance.
Can the pressure sensor get my CO so far out of wack?
I got some spare sensors but they're all 051C while I need 051B.
Next weekend I will go to my favorite VW junkyard with about 30 - 50
type III's to get the correct one.
Did they ever make a ECU with a CO adjusting screw like on the late type
IV's?
Martin Peitz

WOW!

  did you say 30-50 type III's in one yard?
where is this hidden treasure of parts?  Have you
ever thought of offering a list of what you see there
and opening it up to the listee's?  Sure would be helpful
for those of us who only can find 1-2 type III's,
at any given time, only if someone really totals
their type III? I know that I would be interested
to see what you might find there.  Just food for thought.
  If you decide to do this e-mail me.

           James
69 fastback