re: 70's Notch Owners

Jonathan Grippe <J.Grippe@m.cc.utah.edu> Wrote:

| I have a question for all of you guys out there with '70
| and later
| Notchbacks.
|
| I would assume the Notch went to the big tail lights as
| the rest of
| Type 3's did, is this correct? (And the later style
| headlights, turn
| signal indicators and so on.)

Yes

| What, if any, were the other differences specific to a
| late model
| Notchback? Did they have the same late model dash? Air
| blower? Were the
| rear quarters still without air inlets? Fuel injection the
| same? Etc. I
| take it the Notch was imported to Canada up until the end
| in '73?

70 -71				72 -73

Popout windows 			 Air inlets on 72 - 73
No Fan				Under dash fan/blower
Low back front seats			highback seats (73 seats different
to 72) *
Grey faced gaugres in dash		Black faced gauges in dash *
Wasn't there a change of FI from/to D-Jetronic???
Grey Style Steering wheel		Newer Style plastic Steering Wheel.

* I think this is correct.  If I'm wrong when did they change?

Just off the top of my head from what I can remember of mine.  Maybe I'm
getting them confused with the pre '70 models

Regards,

Wayne
'72 Notch
'73 Square