re: Re: VW 1500/1600 (Alder)

"Melissa & Jim" <jadney@vwtype3.org> Wrote:

| On 30 Aug 97, Greg Merritt wrote:
|
| >  I just picked up my second Type III Clymer--"Volkswagen
| Service
| > Repair Handbook / Station Wagon, Squareback, & Fastback
| 1962-1972"
| > by Eric Jorgensen, with Jeff Robinson listed as Editor
| and
| > Publisher.  They're both first printings, June of 1972.
|
| I have a forth printing (6/74) of this that covers 62-73;
| still a
| rather cheesy little book.

My Clymer is a little earlier than the fourther printin I think.  I 'm not
sure how early but it does say on the cover "Includes the 1964 Model"  I'll
check tonight when I get home and see exactly when it was published.  And who
wrote it.  I bought it for $AUS6 but was after a later model one at the time.

| >  Also... if anybody knows more about this "VW 1500/1600"
| book by
| > someone named Alder, I'm curious to hear about it.  Saw
| a reference,
| > and I wanna know. :)
|
| I have nothing by an Alder.  This is a new one on me.

This rings no bells.  When you say saw a reference, is there anything else you
can tell us.  Ie an initial, a year, etc.

Regards,

Wayne
'72 Notch
'73 Square