Re: Type 3 domain

On Wed, 29 Oct 1997, Everett Barnes wrote:
> There was some discussion about a T3 domain recently.  Just thought I'd
> mention that http://www.type3.com is already taken, for those interested.

	Yes, somebody did mention the possibility of a type three domain
name.  Note that www.t3.com is also taken.  I've been looking for a new
home for the T3 web pages that will support unlimited cgi scripts & a
majordomo email list (yes, it *is* a chore for me to add & remove people
with the current list setup!).

	It's waaaay cheaper to get an address of the form:

	http://yourname.ipp.com

where "yourname" is, say, "type3" and "ipp" is the internet presence
provider's domain name.  You don't pay Internic and monthly costs are
waaaay lower for otherwise equivalent services.

	I have researched providers & found one with suitable offerings
at a *very* competitive price.  I am in the process of grilling them to
ensure that they can meet all of our needs; stay tuned.

-Greg
'69 & '71 Squarebacks
'63 Beetle