Re: Towing a T3

>Guys, quit whimpering about towing your type 3.  Trust me, I know better
>than probably everyone on this whole damn news list what it's like to tow a
>type 3.  My fastback was towed via bumper bar from California to North
>Carolina through the South (over 3000 miles I might add) back in 1980.
>Then after various moves the car was towed from Texas to Georgia.  Then
>from Georgia to Kentucky.  Then from Kentucky back to California.  THEN
>from California to sunny Washington.  The moral of this story?  Towing a
>Type 3 will harm it no way WHATSOEVER.  The damn joints on the car have
>never been replaced!  The car has over 300,000 documented miles, my dad
>being the original owner, and I just sank some serious bucks into it
>restoring it.  I didn't even touch anything to do with rolling wear and
>tear because there was nothing to touch.  Just when you tow, make sure it's
>out of gear, and the wheel is unlocked.  There, I said it.  Let's put this
>pitiful controversy to rest and talk about something cool like stroker
>motors.
>
>Kenik Hassel
>71 fastback

Is your Type 3 standard or automatic....... that is the topic of
conversation.... not just towing any type 3, I have seen a type 3 automatic
that was damaged ( and still is sitting ) because of towing. If it is a
standard there should be no problem at all.

Todd Daley
Ontario, Canada

'80 Rabbit Convertible
'71 Type 3 Squareback