Re: '65 heater cables

Everett Barnes wrote:

> > > Also, does anyone have extras of the sliding things that block off the
> > > area heater vents ('65 T3 and earlier), including the metal clips?
> > > don't know the formal names for them...
> > >

> > I have one of the flaps from a 65 for the passenger side that I don't
> > need. I don't know what clips you are refering to though?
>
> Thanks for the offer but, Actually, that's the only piece I do have.  Isn't
> there some sort of metal wavy clip to hold it in, though?
>
> Regards,
> Everett Barnes                    ebus@ebus.simplenet.com
> '65 Squareback S (driver)         The Type II and III Experience
> '55 Kombi       (project)         http://ebus.simplenet.com/Volkswagen
My notch and 65 SB parts car only has a Groove (for lack of a better
term ) that the flap slides in. The top of the flap is "S" shaped to fit
in the groove. As far as I know this is all that holds it in, except for
maybe the carpet. If anyone else out there knows of anything else that
holds these in place please let both of us know.
Dana Hall
65 Notch Sunroof
77 Beetle