Re: Towing a T3

Hello all

>  I have also accasionally wondered if you could tow an
> AT car with the engine idling and I think it would be fine.  The only
> potential problems I can see would be if the transmission
> accidentally slipped into gear, or if something (like the oil
> pressure light) happened to the engine and there was no one there
> to notice.

I once had to do just that after a brake caliper seized and I had to
get towed. You still have to take it real slow because even with the
engine idling, the lubrication of the transmission will be
insufficient for high speed towing.

Regards

Adriaan Loedolff
adriaan@norton.ctech.ac.za
'69 Variant Automatic (200 000 miles + and still cruisin' after all of these years!)