Re: Fuel system

On 25 Oct 97, Ben R Lowry wrote:

> I have a problem.  My 71 squareback was originally FI, but the
> previous owner put in dual carbs, because "once a fuel injection
> system goes wrong, no one knows how to fix it."   So he put two
> carbs in it.  The problem is that either my carbs or fuel pump(I'm
> pretty sure its the carburetor) are not functioning properly.
>
> How much hassle is involved in replacing the old FI system (the old
> owner still has it) compared to fixing the problem?

It's a complicated system that has lots of idiosyncracys (sp?)
Still, I love it.  You will need someone who is VERY familiar with it
to get it installed and running again properly.  Remember, it was
removed because whoever was working on it couldn't figure out what
was wrong with it.  If you really want to try this post your location
and see if there is anyone in your area who can offer to help you.

Jim
                             Laura Kepner-Adney
                         jadney@vwtype3.org
                             Madison, Wisconsin