Re: Porsche Gearbox and GB 5-speed

Guys, here is the tip from that someone who put a theBerg 5 into his
fastback ( no framehorns.)  Clyde at Berg told me the same thing Tim said,
but
if I worked with them on R&D they would supply me the parts to the bug kit.
 Well, a month later, the Berg 5 is in my car, and it is not as hard as you
think.  What has to be done is that l brackets longer than the bug setup
have to fabricated from angle iron, and some welding has to be done.  I
know this makes nosense right now, but I am preparing to photograph all the
fabricated parts on my car, as installed, and send the info back to Clyde.
I am also going to drive the car down to Orange, CA, whrn drivable.
Hopefully the
work that we did up here in Washington will translate into a Berg 5 kit
available soon from Berg for us late type 3ers.  By the way, the tran
works like a charm.  If you have any questions, e mail me at my personal
account:

Kenik@telisphere.com

Kenik Hassel
71 fastback