Re: spare wheel fuel can?; side markers

AaronB=> how easy or dificult is it to get a fuel can for the
      => spare wheel of an early beetle.

I've seen two for sale over this past summer season, one at the Pomona
swap meet and another at one of the Phoenix shows (I think...). They
were both priced for around $400 in good condition, about the same as a
Hazet toolbox. I didn't see whether they *sold* at that price, however.

TobyB=> Last pair I saw looked like they'd been dredged up from the
     => bottom of a pond, and the guy wanted $40 for the pair.  I'm
     => starting to think maybe that wasn't such a bad price...

Don't. You should be able to get nice new ones for that. Bill & Steve's
has them all the time, and I picked mine up from a local d five
or six pair. Not all that rare an item, as these things go. Get two pair
if you live in a sunny clime, one for street and one for show -- they
fade fast.

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
'66 T3 Ghia (painted and buffed out at last!)