Subject: Who wants to help with an electrical problem?
Author:  type-3-errors@umich.edu at SMTPGATE
Date:    10/21/97 11:57 AM

I have a newly rebuilt engine that I have not heard run yet, and I have
traced the problem to the electrics.  First, a little about my car:
73 Square, formerly FI, now with a single carb (not my doing), and a fresh
stock rebuild (new piston and cylinders, mains and cam bearings, rebuilt
heads, cam and followers...the usual stuff).  When the thing was all
apart, I rebuilt the distributor with new rotor, condensor, and points.
Upon cranking the engine in the car, the output from the coil wire to the
distributor was very weak (the white spark it was producing would only
jump a 1/2 to 1 mm gap)...