Re: '64 Stereo

On Tue, 21 Oct 1997 KdFWerks@aol.com wrote:
>second,   the 6 to 12v conversion is about the easiest thing you could ever
>possibly do to your bus (and the most rewarding!)  IMHO.

Easy?  On a bus perhaps, but on my '66 squareback I have some issues.
For one thing, I need a 12v generator that fits.  This seems to
involve getting a whole engine case just so that the bracket can be
made to fit.

Then, the wiring will be a fscking nightmare, because there is not
a 1:1 correspondence between the spade tongues on the 6v system and the
components that will be replaced.

Plus, there is the problem of the fact that chokes and cutoffs are
just plain not available to upgrade 6v solex 32pdsit's to 12v.

What do you recommend regarding the ww motor?  The starter solenoid?

I really want to convert this t-3 to 12v, but I cannot because of
all these considerations.

--
g-r-a-t-e-f-u-l-l-y---[   email:<fishbowl@conservatory.com>   ]---l-i-v-i-n-g
d-e-a-d-i-c-a-t-e-d---[     http://www.conservatory.com/      ]-----l-i-g-h-t