Re: type3/info:

"James L. McGill" wrote

> On Wed, 15 Oct 1997 adam_garel@baa.co.uk wrote:
>
> >I'm looking for some stuff, namely high back seats for our '70
> Variant. Good
>
> I'd like to know if there is a junkyard alternative..  e.g.,
> something from a Rabbit, perhaps, or a particular model of BMW,
> or something; that would make a nice, comfortable custom seat
> for a T3.   I'm talking brackets and all, right?

The seats from the early rabbits will fit only the last modelyear
Type-3. Only that one has the three point fixing(two slides plus
the adjustment mechanism in the middle).
If you can find a seat that has an extra mounting bracket you may be
able to change that to the Type-3 seat bracket.
I installed a Recaro sport seat in my Notch and used the original
seat bracket. But the sport seat has a flat bottom. I think that is
required to fit (make it fit) to the Type-3 console.
Heiko
68 Notch, 70 Fast, 71 Fast