Re: Timing; different question

> Thanks for all the answers.  It has been a great discussion.  Now; for a
>  follow up question.  How can you tell #1 cylinder is in the TDC
>  position?  Any good ways and special tricks? Remember right now I still
>  don't qualify as a Muir idiot!

The easiest way is to:
1. pop the diz cap off
2. turn until rotor points to the notch in diz rim
3. check notche(s) in the crank pulley, line up the notch on case crack.

or you could do steps 1 & 2 then have a friend crawl under the car and tell
you when the rocker arms are both closing the valves (not pressing on the
pushrod).
I'd suggest doing the first procedure though; more accurate and a lot
cleaner.
BTW, did you get your diz lined up correctly ?

kevin chapman
'63 notch