Re: Timing

...clip
>Ack, NOW this thread is sounding important to me.  My timing notch for
>my Bosch 009 dist. is at the 4 o'clock position. (when standing at
>bumper).  This notch is at the 11 o'clock in all the manuals etc.
>	Is my #3 plug not getting the retarded timing?  Is my #1 getting it
>instead?  I think we all need a definative answer on this!  How does one
>yank out a distributer anyways...
>
>Peter Parker
>'66 Square; Phillip
>Portland, OR

I've always been able to take off the nut holding the clamp to the
case , pull up on the dist. and give it a twist to the right and have
it come right out.  This is with the stock FI dist.  Not sure how a
009 sits in a Type III, it's my understanding this is really meant for
type 1 and 2 applications.  The retard for the #3 plug is built into
the TIII dist. cap, so if the cap fits the same on the 009, it doesn't
make any difference as long as the wires are hooked up right. You
don't want to substitute bug or bus caps, either. That said, if you
look at the Bentley book, the stock FI distributors have some pretty
good curves as compared with the strictly mechanical 009.