Re: Fuel pump woes

> I installed the correct fuel pump today, the one with the ugly
> dome, and
> can't get it to run. Hmmmm, I actually installed two of them,
> the first gets
> fuel to the carb, but not enough to run longer than 30secs. Then
> I put on
> another stcok one and it doesn;t even get fuel to carb. The only
> thing I can
> think of is that BOTH pumps have bad diaphrams. Is there
> something I'm doing
> wrong ? When I had to replace fuel pumps before, no hassle and
> no problems,
> but now, nothing works ! What to do ?? It's a stock 1500 from a
> '63 notchback
> with the side-draft carb (w/generator). Arghh! I haven't checked
> the float
> level yet though. Engine ran fine before I screwed with the fuel
> pump. I had
> to put the old one back for now, and it works fine.
>
> any help ??
>
> kevin chapman

Kevin,
I had expierienced that the inlet and outlet of different modelyear
fuelpumps have changed (swapped). I once changed a fuel pump and
I was 100 percent sure I marked the inlet and outlet but in the end
it was the other way round. This might explain the second pump
wich doesnĄt get anything through.
Heiko
68 Notch, 70 Fast, 71 Fast