Re: Heat Exchangers

At 16:37 8.10.1997, Adriaan Loedolff wrote:

 * I have never seen the asbestos wrappings that you refered to
 * (probably because it doesn't get cold enough here in sunny
 * South Africa), but I recon they are there to insulate the heat
 * exchangers against heat loss in order to improve the heat output of
 * the heating system. Apart from slightly less heat, I can see no harm
 * in driving without them. If I am wrong I'm sure someone else on the
 * list will have the correct details.

Actually, if you check the M-Code list on the Owner's Manual pages, you
will note that T3's sent to South Africa and Australia have completely
different heat exchangers for "Dry and warm climates".  I think that they
are also smaller in diameter.  Anyway, this 'option' for southern
hemipsheric T3's is on the M list.

Patrick Morton