Re: Automatic transmission question

At 7:05 PM -0700 10/7/97, Robert K. Kuhn wrote:
>I've only worked on two autostick VW's and they both were Type-I's.  Both

	Type III never had an auto-stick; the "auto" Type III's are fully
automatic, as in PRN321!!!  The funky auto-stick dual oil pump thingy would
never clear the engine hanger & fan housing anyway, as far as I can tell.

	A mini-update on the "new" '69... it had been shifting a bit funny
when I got it, and found it to be low on ATF.  Filled it up & it's much
better; there appears to be a bit of a leak.  I have a new pan gasket &
filter, so I'll just change the ATF as soon as possible.  After washing it
the first time, I pulled out of the car wash, hung a right & got my foot
drenched.  I just came in from cleaning out the two fresh air box drain
tubes, which were full of decomposing veggy matter (yum).  Also, I pulled
the clock & have it sitting 'twixt me & the keyboard; doesn't work, and I
suspect it's the internal fuse-like contact problem.

-Greg
'69 (fully automatic) & '71 Squarebacks
'63 Beetle