Re: Renewing my quest in earnest

Shannon Darosett wrote:

> Well, I have November 4 circled in red on my calendar.  That's the day that
> the Sheriff mails me the money garnished from Pizza Boy's paycheck.  The
> miserable drama is about to end (I hope!)  At any rate, time to make some
> decisions on my fender.
>
> First, let me renew my plea:
> WANTED:  Left Front Fender in good condition.  For a '73.  Will fight other
> bidders to the death.  <grin>
>
> Secondly, I'd like to see pics of the fiberglass fenders, anyone have them
> installed?  Opinions requested.  Don't wanna spend a wad on something that
> I'm not gonna like (shipping alone is gonna cost more than the fenders!).
> Please send pics directly to me at janis@primary.net.......URLs are good
> too.........
>
> Thirdly........if anyone plans on road-tripping from California to/thru St.
> Louis MO, and you have the room for a couple biggish boxes..........wanna
> make $100?  (YES I know the odds aren't good...but I'm gonna ask......)
>
> Anyway, thanks a lot.....
>
> Shannon Darosett, St. Louis, MO USA
> '70 Fastback (R.I.P. death by rust)
> '73 Fastback (wounded)
 I have fiberglass rear fenders installed on my 65 notch and like them
very much. There are some good and bad points to fiberglass though. I
have never seen a fiberglass part that doesnt require some body work.
(pin holes when molded, mold marks that need to be sanded or filled,
trimming to fit,and drilling your own mounting holes, fabricating
headlight or taillight mounting brackets,etc). The good stuff is of
course they never rust, they are easily repaired if damaged and they are
light weight.

My fenders were purchased from Inovations and were a lot better than
some of the used fenders I looked at that had to have rust repair done
and dings and dents knocked out.

I dont have any pictures yet as the car is going to the paint booth this
weekend but when it comes out I will try to send ya some if that isn't
too late. Hope this helps!

Dana Hall