brake line replacement

Everyday with a VW is a learning experience.  I received my new master
cylinder and installed it.  Jim was absolutely right: the originals with
three brake switches are not readily available so what I got for $80 was a
two switch typeIII master just like the one that was already in it.
Unfortunately, the master cylinder was not the problem.  After trying to
bleed the brakes for a few minutes with no success on the rear, I got down
on my hands in the front seat and felt the enormous puddle of fluid that ws
leaking out of my rusted brake line.  What a mess!  I ordered a replacement
froom RMM.  It looks like such a pain to replace.  I know the interior must
come out.  Any other pointers from there?

Rich Mason
69 Squareback