Re: Fuel Tanks

John Jaranson wrote:

> Will an early tank with the filler in the trunk fit in my 71
> Fastback?

No, it will only fit in a notchback trunk. :-)

> I would like to eliminate the fuel filler door in the fender.  It
> sounds like I would have a problem with my fuel injection.
> Would I need to modify the tank for the return line or was there
> a FI early style tank?

The FI was introduced in 68 at about the same time as the filler door
in the fender so there are no *old style* FI tanks. When you want to
fit an early tank you need to cut the partition wall between the
spare wheel compartment and the luggage compartment so that the
filler neck fits. It is weldet on in one piece. Alternatively you