Re: Octane Requirements

Allen Moore wrote:
>    When was the last time ANYBODY saw fuel of that octane rating? (!)
You used to be able to get leaded gas up to like 104 or 108 at the old
Sunoco stations in the Northeast years ago. There was a little dial on
the side of the pump that you could turn to get from like 92 all the way
up to the high test stuff (probably wasn't even connected to anything),
and the best part was that the attendant came out and pumped it for you,
and it was only 75 cents a gallon.
I saw a pump at an off brand gas station in Venice, Florida a couple of
years ago that would pump 112 octane straight out of the pump for racing
use. It cost ~$4.00 a gallon and was popular around Friday nights when
all the gearheads brought their street rods out for the evening.
David "old as the hills the last time I checked" Walters
'73 1600 L Notch
S. FL, USA