Lost in the carribean.../seals

Hey Volks,  for anyone who was interested, I wasn't able to go to check
out that aftermarket fuel injection place here in Miami on Monday.  I'll
try and do that when I get back home.  I had to go to the Bahamas to
finish some work on a ship there.  Nice place, if you're not working
there.  There were A LOT of manx-style buggies there, for rental.  If
you're planning a VW vacation, this could be a good spot.  I also saw
some bugs for rent at the airport, though I'm not sure if they were the
"new" Mexican ones.  I have been able to check my e-mail from there, but
in more of a list lurker mode, to keep long-distance dial-in rates
down.  I am leaving again in the morning to go to St. Thomas to meet
another ship (ugh!), so I may not be answering any mail for a couple of
days.  Have a happy thanksgiving, and I will see you (so to speak)
Saturday.

*interesting sidenote - I faxed a list of seals to West coast metric,
Rocky mountain, California imports (the one in Canada), and Bill and
Steve's to get some prices for all the seals I will need to put the
little girl back together when she's painted.  So far, WCM wants $1100,
Cal wants $850, and I think B & S wanted around $750.  I also just got
the estimate from Rocky Mtn today.  The things I learned from this are:
1.  It looks like I can't get any discount for buying all the stuff at
once.
2.  No one source has all of the seals needed to put the car back
together.  3.  Apparently, 'real' front windshield gaskets are not
available, only 'cal look' (if anyone can prove that wrong, tell me
where I can get one).  Also, Bill & Steve's claims to have the elusive
rear fender-to-body seals.  I have put the information that I recieved
from them in a nice list in Excel so I can do direct comparisons,
available free to anyone who asks for it after Saturday.  By then, I
should also have the rocky mountain estimate in there too.  A lot of the
seals (particularly from WCM) were listed with type 1 part numbers,
especially the quarter window seals.  Anyone know about this?

Jake Kooser
'71 Squareback (probably painted by now, I don't know)
'66 type 1 roadster (next one to get painted)
'73 zooper beetle (somebody should shoot the P.O. that painted it
purple)