Curious Switch

Hey Everyone :)

	I was putting my alarm in my 72 Fastback last weekend and while I was
poking around underneath the dash, I found this switch, or at least what
was left of it.  It was on the far left side of dash stuffed up above
the light and Hazard Switches...and there IS an empty hole above those
two switches...it's a twisty kind of switch and the wires go into my
vent box.  Is there a fan in there??  I checked the switch and it's
good...there's three positions, one being off...It's got three wires,
one is power coming into it and two going out...turning the switch, both
work (test light lights up in each position) but nothing happens.  My
guess is there;s a fan in the box somewhere...anyone know for sure??
And does anyone have the rest of the switch they'd part with??  I've got
the switch itself...no knob or mounting of any kind.
thanks :)
mikey