Re: Windshield rubber

Melissa & Jim wrote:

> I would love to hear from anyone who has found a really slick way to
> reinstall the trim around the windows.  I have found that it is
> impossible with the window in place, and just very tedious with the
> window out but with the gasket stretched around the glass
>
> One of you must know a trick.

Yes.  The trick is to have a couple sets of extra trim when you mangle
your first set.  Then when you finaly give up, bring it to an
unsuspecting windsheild shop and take advantage of their $40 labor
quote.  Actually, I did the above, but would have had better luck with
the seal warm/supple (like working on a hot, sunny day).

Peter Parker
'66 Square; Phillip
Portland, OR