Re: Thermo, Leaky pushrod tube

GregM=> readily available.  About $13 or so.  Rocky Mountain

I guess that "as far as I know" didn't go very far. ;) Thanks, I gotta
get that catalog in here.

BenL=> Does anyone know of a way to temporarily keep oil from leaking
=> out of a push rod tube so I don't have to keep adding more every few
=> days?  Also, do you have to drop the engine on a type three to replace
=> the push rod tubes?

You'll have to at least loosen the head (considerably) to replace the
pushrod tube, and you'll want to do all four to prevent this problem
coming up again, so you're a lot better off dropping the engine. In the
meantime you can get a spring-loaded emergency tube. I find these in
places that handle Bugpack and similar brand lines.

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
'66 T3 Ghia (pretty soon now)