Re: Fuel Pump

>The engine turns Ok but doesnt fire at all
>I removed the out fuel line from the pump and turned the engine over
>but no
>fuel was coming out of the pipe
>I the removed the in fuel line to see whether fuel was reaching the
>pump and
>verified this when I got a mouth full of petrol
>Is my problems in the fuel pump and will I have to rebuild it?
>

>Damian
>73 Fastback

Damian,
I had the same problem with my square.  I just got a new fuel pump (low
pressure electric) and mounted it in the back, and connected the positive
wire to the distributor, and the ground to the frame.  If yours is a carb
model, you could do what I did, or get a new mechanical pump(I don't know
how available they are).

Hope I can be of help.

Ben Lowry
71 Squareback  'Isabella'