Re: Windshield rubber

On 23 Nov 97, Steven Ayres wrote:

> 3. Press lower trim moulding half and the side sleeves into
>    the weatherstrip.
> 4. Slide upper trim moulding half into sleeves on lower half
>    and press moulding into weatherstrip.

The order you showed is what I figured out by trial and error.  It's
the details of how to actually accomplish 3 and 4 without
damaging the trim that are the hard part..

I have often wondered how the trim is supplied if I were to buy a new
piece from VW.   Does it come in a straight piece that is bent to fit
on installation, or does it come prebent?

 Jim
                             Laura Kepner-Adney
                         jadney@vwtype3.org
                             Madison, Wisconsin