Re: wiper arms and rubber washer

On 20 Nov 97, Ginger D.&Peter P. wrote:

> My local VW Dealer has found some -'67 wiper arms for me.  They are
> "obsolete" in his computer, but there is a VW wharehouse with stock.
> He lists one part #, 2 pieces required, so I'm not expecting the L and R
> matched set that I saw NOS for later years.  I'll let you know what
> arrives.  Oh, $13.50 each!

I was surprised at this, but I see that you are correct.  We have one
part fits both up thru 67, then separate L & R for 68-70, and back to
one part fits both for the final years.

> 	I also ordered those '67/'68 Bug rear equilizer spring rubber washers.
> At $7.50 each, I guess I'll find out if they'll work in a T3.
> By the way, no-one seems to have heard of this special spring.  It is in
> the manuals...  Anyone out there have one still on their car?  Anyone?
> (It goes from axle to axle above and behind the tranny, swing-axle
> only?).  The rubber has rotted off mine, and it just seems to clunk
> around back there...

I don't think it gets much mention in the manuals.  I don't really
think it did anything unless the cars was heavily loaded.  It is
possible that it was only available (as an option ??) in the squares.
Yes, I believe swing axle only.

Jim
                             Laura Kepner-Adney
                         jadney@vwtype3.org