break squeel practically cured!!!

Well I began this whole ordeal on the brake squeel and I have pretty
much stopped it.  I took the pads off, cleaned the back plate of them
up(they were covered with old anti brake squeel), and cleaned the
surface of the pistons in the calipers(I did not remove them or take
them apart).  Then I used some anti-CALIPER squeel and rubbed it all
over the piston, rubber seal, and piston retainers.  Then I used some
anti-BRAKE PAD squeel on the back of the pads.  Put it all back together
carefully so not to remove all the junk I just put on it and that was
it.  75% improvement!! I still get an occaisional squeel but its not as
loud and I'm convinced its because of the type of brake pad material and
nothing mechanical.

charles
'69 fastback