Re: Re[2]: Buying tires

hello from new zealand,dan

last week i bought 2 sets of tyres.one set was for my notch and another for
my '67 beetle.these were 145/15 fronts and 165/15 rear.when i first called
for a price the man at the tyre shop told me he could get them in the same
day,if i ordered in the morning.i assume he got them from the local
michelin branch.i told him that i would need more later and he said'no
problem'.its 9am tuesday morning and i have just called him about your
message.he asked me to hold the line and rung michelin.according to him
michelin new zealand are not aware of the deletions.

did you get this info from michelin?

if michelin are phasing this size out,does anyone know who does a good
145/15?
why do we like michelins anyway?i know they last a while,but does anyone
have any other substantial reasons?

regards
vernon
p.s how was the type 3 meet to anyone who went?----------