Re: Dash

rlgreen wrote:

> Hey volks,
>
> Has anyone purchased a new dash from so cal imports?  They show a
> picture of a complete dash in the December issue of "VW Trends".  For
> $73.95.   Are these guys for real?  Any opinions out there?
>
> Ron...
> 69 Squareback
Ron, I had just picked up a new dash for my Notch here locally, I bet
that it's by the same company. No name on it, but made entirely of
urethane. No internal brace, speaker grill molded in w/ no openings. The
fit came up about 3/8" short from side to side, and a little less front
to back, so it didn't really fit under the metal lip right under the
windshield seal. No holes for the trim clips, had to make my own holes.
It does fit, but with a little work. The price was almost exactly the
same, so I would think it was almost the same dash. Good luck,
David Walters
'73 1600 L Notch
S. FL, USA