Re: vw book

At 17:42 11-11-97 -0500, you wrote:
>does anyone know of any vw squareback books?    all i have been able to find
>is beetle or bus books but no squareback books.   if you have any authors or
>book titles i would appreciate them .  thanks

Some have already mentioned it:
There is a german book called "Die grossen VW", subtitle "Nordhoffs Vermachtnis:
VW 1500/1600, 411/412" by H.-G. Mayer-Stein.

Publisher is Verlag Karl Goerner (Verlag = publisher)
ISBN 3-9803665-0-2

It's difficult/impossible to order at your local bookstore (I tried)
I have a snailmail addres and telephone# where you probably can order. It's not
a bookstore or company but a private person. He sold the books at the Type3
treffen
in Amsterdam. They costed about 20$.

Jorg Fischer (Hey, that's my last name in german)
Karlstr. 99
64285 Darmstadt
Germany
tel 06151 / 28519

There are no english versions available.
The book is very detailed with all the changes in production, available colors,
old adds, roadtests, productionnumbers, options etc.
Nice photo's also, some in color. To be able to understand a little german or
patience with a dictionary helps.

Richard Visser
The Hague Holland