Re: ECU Schematic

Melissa & Jim wrote:

> I would be VERY interested in your results whenever you finish.  I
> saw an engineering student that had done the same thing in around
> 1970, but I never followed up with him to get a copy.  He was doing
> either an A or B brain.  Which one are you doing?

Actually, Im not sure which version I have. It came from a burned car and
there was not many identifing marks left on the outside of the box. The
inside is intact though, and all of the components and wiring came through
fine. I am finished with about 25-30 percent of the schematic. I have
finished most of the injector firing and timing circuit drawing .I'll check
tonight and look for any identifying markings on the boards for the type and
let ya know which one I have.

> I have seen catalog ads for Volvo D-Jetronic brains which have been
> modified with a potentiometer to allow more power, so someone has
> done this.  Still, it's not rocket science, more like drudgery, as
> you are discovering.  Welcome to the stone age of discrete
> semiconductors!  [Are these Si or Ge?]

As far as Si or Ge there are both! (Im still looking for the Vaccum Tubes).
As far as the Stone Age I think I perfer the simpler times (Isn't that part
of the reason we are driving 30 year old cars).

Dana Hall
65 Notch Sunroof
77 Beetle