Re: seeking interior clips

On 11 Nov 97, Ginger D.&Peter P. wrote:

>  I believe Leah was talking about the chrome "buttons" that attach
>  the
> masonite paneling.  These snap-in pieces are visable all around the
> edges of the three rear panels.  My '66 has got some (but none
> extra!).
>  On this same subject, my rear hatch panel is water damaged, and I
>  was
> thinking of making a new one.  Anyone tried this?  I think all the
> panels adver. for sale are for later models with heat seams etc.
> Mine appears to be simple masonite with a layer of black textured
> contact paper.

If the material is vinyl, you may be able to buy it at an upholstery
shop.  There is one near here that stocks many different colors of
vinyl.  Black is easy.  If your original is not heat sealed, then it
should be easy to make a duplicate out of masonite and glue (3M Spray
Trim Adhesive) the vinyl to the face of the masonite.  i would drill
whatever mounting holes you need in the masonite first.

Jim
                             Laura Kepner-Adney
                         jadney@vwtype3.org
                             Madison, Wisconsin