Re: seeking interior clips

Melissa & Jim wrote:

> On 10 Nov 97, Richard H. Overman wrote:
>
> > Hi, fellow Type 111ers!
> >     Today I am looking for those little clips with round, flat heads
> >     that
> > go clear through the panels located in the cargo area for my '63.
> > These are NOT the ones that you can get for door & quarter panels.
> > In profile they look like a T and the vertical part of the T has
> > expansion bits on it to keep it in the hole.
>
> >From 68 and later use the same clips everywhere.  These are the ones
> available from WCM.  I didn't realize that early cars used a
> different clip in some places.  Is it possible that someone has
> changed these?

	I believe Leah was talking about the chrome "buttons" that attach the
masonite paneling.  These snap-in pieces are visable all around the
edges of the three rear panels.  My '66 has got some (but none extra!).
	On this same subject, my rear hatch panel is water damaged, and I was
thinking of making a new one.  Anyone tried this?  I think all the
panels adver. for sale are for later models with heat seams etc.  Mine
appears to be simple masonite with a layer of black textured contact
paper.

Peter Parker
'66 Square; Phillip
Portland, OR