Re: just curious

On Wed, 12 Nov 1997, vernon chand wrote:
> 2.the car does not have sway bars front or rear(i used to have a '71
> fastback 3 yrs ago and im pretty surethat it had sway bars)

	The Type III front beam includes an integral anti-sway bar hidden
in the top half.  I added additional front & rear aftermarket external
ones on my '71 Squareback (and have since removed them).

> 4.my ownership papers say that the car was registered in new zealand in

	...the papers may be a clue, but they're not much to go on;
you never know what's been mixed & matched on a car, what the paperwork
was *originally* for, etc.

> 3.there a perfect circle(4-5 inches in diameter)cut into the left side of
> the front trunk(passenger side(mines a rh drive-sorry to repeat),between
> the fuel tank and the rear of the dashboard.this cut looks factory to me as

	Auxilliary gas heater hole, right???

-Greg
'69 & '71 Squarebacks
'63 Beetle