Re: Bug Jam was cool

> RJ Latherow wrote:
> <snip>
> > Wish we all would have made some plans to meet up-  I was looking at
> > one of the only 2 fastbacks there when I realized the name on it was
> > Cayson...Oh well. Next time.
 Hey everyone, I was there at the Bug Jam, with my son Mr. Z in tow. We
 were sporting the very stylish, and totally appropriate I might add,
 matching TYPE 3 DETECTIVES logo, with "type-3@umich.edu" ;-) on the
back
  T-shirts (with apologies to Greg Merrit). Got lots of comments on the
 shirts, some from U of M alumni, one Squareback owner thought I was
Greg
 M. (Sorry again, Greg), but he had already dropped from the list
because
 of too much mail. I had my Notch parked in the "upper pasture" for
those
 who were there, and Zach and I worked the whole show for at least 6
 hours. Had to field the usual questions about the Notch ("I thought
that
 it was a Squareback that was in an accident!") but got a lot of
positive
 feedback. Lots of real nice Type 3's, only two Notches- a ragged one,
 and Cesar Costas '69 Automatic which got photographed for VW Trends
 magazine. Cayson's was the only Fastback-which was in the area for the
 "cosmetically challenged" as he put it (Hey Cayson, did you make it
home
 all right?) and the other four were Squares, all real nice ones (I
 remember the sqr69 yellow one with the fade away flames, very nice). I
 think the motor in the engine blow ran out of gas before it seized (29
 secs.) ;-) I scored a left side vent window assembly, two chrome front
 turn signal assemblies, a complete oil bath air cleaner that I'm going
 to try to adapt to my Webers, two new late model Type 2 inside
scrapers,
 and a complete-but needs restoring- under dash parcel tray. I did get a
 lead on a late model, big bumpered auto Notch w/ sunroof in the
Sarasota
 area that I have to follow up on in the next two weeks. I guess that
all
 in all, it was well worth the trip. Later,
 David Walters
 '73 1600 L Notch
 S. FL, USA