engine help

I need to get a engine for my square I want to rebuild an engine but I
neither have the tools or a dust free environment to do this in ( I live in
the desert of southern Nevada) typically how much is it to get a 1641cc
engine and how big of an engine can I go heat is a big factor ( 120 degrees
 is not uncommon) where I live I have to travel through a mile high pass in
the moutins to get to any real shopping ( Kmart Wal-Mart Target etc )  any
help I would greatly appreciate it

thanks
James