Sacramento T-3 wrecking yard report

Sacramento Junk Yard Report

The Sacramento-area self-service yards are not exactly awash with T-3s
at this time.

South Sacramento Pick ‘n Pull:  No T-3s

Roseville Pick ‘n Pull: No T-3s

Rancho Cordova Pull & Save:
     ’67 Fastback, Rusty and picked over
     ’71 Squareback, bent but some serviceable parts
     Of special note: A pair of ’71 4-door 411s, one nearly complete
(you don’t often see Type-4s anywhere, let alone a cheap wrecking yard)

Rancho Cordova Pick ‘n Pull: No T-3s

I try to visit these yards at least once a month looking for T-3 parts.
For those on the list who may be unfamiliar with self-service wrecking
yards, they are very, very inexpensive. Prices are generally about 25 to
50 percent of a specialty wrecker. However, these yards have a few
eccentricities. For starters, they won’t talk to you on the phone. To
cruse the lot to see if they have any Volkswagens, you pay a $1
admission fee. And if you find anything, you have to pull the parts
yourself (sorry, no body saws!). And the cars are, er, well rather well
worn. Most of the cars have died of natural causes, like poor
maintenance and old age. The cars turn over periodically, so I’ll
provide a report from time to time. Three months ago the lots listed
above had a total of more than a dozen T-3s.