Phenolic blocks

Stan Schaefer wrote:

>I think he's referring to the insulator/spacer blocks that we FI folks
>have between the head and the air intake pipes.  They're the same
>shape as the dual port intake gaskets, made of phenolic plastic and
>around 1/8" or so thick.  Not sure where you get spares besides a
>scrap yard.  They're used to keep the gas from boiling off in the
>injectors from head heat.  In your application, probably being used
>for spacers.  I think you can get spacers from Berg, et. al.,
>aluminum, though.

This is correct.  I was able to buy them from the local foreign auto parts
place here in MI about four years ago.  I had one crack on my 71 FB with
FI.  I had to buy them as a pair and I still have the other on my tool box.
I don't remember if they were "handed" or not.  I will take a look tonight.

--
John Jaranson
Research Engineer