Stuffed Squares (was: I love Squarebacks!!)

>Just shows to go ya, you can't hardly beat a square for all around
usefulness.  I love Squarebacks!!!

>Curt
>70 auto sb "Betty"
>75 Westy "The Chartreuse Goose"

Great story Kurt!!   I'm not sure if a thread has ever developed around the
subject of Stuffed Squarebacks, but I will atempt to develop one now...
hope this isn't too OT. (off topic :)

About 3 years ago I saw an add in the San Francisco paper for a used
Hammond organ, and drove down in my 68 Sqbk to check it out after calling
the guy to get the low-down.  Without getting into the details of the organ
and the freaky guy, I basically discovered that I would be getting it for a
song, because the guy needed the storage space desperately.  In fact, he
offered to cut the price even more if I could get it out of there right
*THEN*!

We both simultaneously turned out heads to "size up" my Sqbk.   I thought
"Man, it will NEVER fit..."  as he said "AAOOhhh, no *prooooblem!*".
Now, this was not a full size Hammond organ (like a B-3), but a spinet
model, which is a *bit* smaller.  Still, it looked impossible.   To make a
long story short, I had to remove the rear hinge covers for clearance, but
with a hefty push, the organ fit perfectly with the deck *closed*.  I
played gospel tunes at home that night  :)

I Love Squarebacks!!

Dave Y.
1968 Sqbk
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~gregm/T3/scrapbook/goob/