Re: FI fuel damper/muffler/mystery box

On  4 Nov 97, CHARLES E. HAASE wrote:

> Isn't it called fuel damper?
> But isn't this piece necessary for dampering the fuel surges?

That is what I had always thought, but since it is only a solid steel
box, with no real flex to the sides, it has no real capacity to
absorb pump pulses.  Besides, the Bosch fuel pump is a roller pump,
and roller pumps don't create pressure pulses.  Good old rubber hose
is pretty good at absorbing pressure pulses, too.

In the end, I am at a loss to explain what was on their minds, unless
there WAS something in there at one time.

Has anyone ever seen one of these on any other D-Jetronix car?

Jim
                             Laura Kepner-Adney
                         jadney@vwtype3.org
                             Madison, Wisconsin