Re: Looking for Front Suspension Tips

Thank you all for your help on this.  There is quite a bit more than 2mm of
play in the front suspension.  The Croatian inspector even pointed it out
during the technical inspection of my car.  I will delve into it and see
where the looseness could be coming from.  The steering is tight and the
ball joints don't feel to be worn to cause as much looseness as I feel at
the end of the upper torsion bar tube.  I also just replaced the previously
rumbly old front wheel bearings (inner and outer, both sides) and keep them
in good adjustment.

I'll also have my axial thrust rings handy when I choose the perfect sunny
autumn afternoon to learn the secrets of the front suspension.

All the best,

John

'65 1500s Variant
'72 Cabrio (roof in spare bedroom, seats in basement, crankshaft and block
in dining room, heads, pistons/cylinders and lifters in hallway, windows and
chrome in bedroom, and, oh yeah, cabrio carcass in the garage.)