Nice rack!

Now that your mind is in the gutter (shame on you!), descend into my
madness...

With my recent purchase of a full-length aluminum roof rack and the fact
that it is one I have never seen before, I pondered this question:

What roof racks were and are available for the Type III?

Off the top of my head, here's the list I came up with:
1.  Original Squareback VW full-length wood-slat rack.  The rack of my
dreams.  :)

2.  VW Squareback full-length aluminum rack - Can be identified by its 6
legs and VW sticker on rear.  Corners angle down toward top of roof and not
into each other.  Clamps to drip rails.

3.  Squareback, non-official VW full-length aluminum rack.  Can be
identified by 4 legs and 4 clamps.  Circular corners angle into each other
at 90 degree angles.   Clamps not attached to legs. Clamps to drip rails.

4.  Squareback full-length aluminum rack.  6 adjustable (!) legs, clamps on
legs.  Corners like #3.  My new rack, supposedly bought in Germany with
purchase of '71 Squareback.  Clamps to drip rails.

5.  Squareback 1/2-length aluminum rack by VW - Never seen one but I assume
they are out
there.  Clamps to drip rails.

6.  Squareback all-aluminum 1/2 rack, made by some German company, I forget
the name.  Fairly rare, according to the guy who had it for sale.  Clamps
to drip rails.

7.  VW Squareback chrome 1/2 rack, bolts to roof, original VW accessory,
easy to find.

8.  Parts-is-Parts reproduction full-length Squareback wood rack.  Clamps
to drip rails.

9.  Notchback 1/2 wood rack, by VW, 4 clamps.  Clamps to drip rails.

10. Fastback 1/2 aluminum rack by VW.  Clamps to drip rails.

Ok, what else is it out there?

Regards,
Everett Barnes
'65 Squareback S