Subject: filthy rich solved! & other adventures
Author:  type-3-errors@umich.edu at SMTPGATE
Date:    11/2/97 2:03 PM

The filter they put on was most definitely *not*
the Fram HP1 that Berg sells.  Over the past couple of weeks I picked up an
HP1, a PH8A (regular FRAM, similar to HP1) and a little Bosch filter that
my FLAPS suggested.  Turns out that none of these ended up being quite
right for me.  Both the HP1 & the PH8A have large diameters that won't
clear the right angle hose fittings on the mount, and the HP1 extends
*very* close to the rear heater box on that side--it's quite a long filter.
The Bosch 72133 looks like its seal is a bit on the small side
diameter-wise, but will *just* do the job.  I've got that one on there now.
The shop that did the work never owned up to subbing filters (maybe the
mech. did it & the manager didn't know...), but suggested Bosch 72137.