Re: gex engines

On  2 Nov 97, John R. Jetty wrote:

> I am wanting to get a new engine for my squareback(deader than a
> door nail) does anybody have any experience with them
>
> I want to get the type 3 long block with hydrolic lifters counter
> weighted crank and the balanced insides

I hear VERY mixed reviews on the hydraulic lifters, no first hand
experience, however.  The rest of what you are asking for sounds
good.  The best advice I can give you is that no one else will care
as much as you do that your engine is carefully built.

Jim
                             Laura Kepner-Adney
                         jadney@vwtype3.org
                             Madison, Wisconsin